Mayor's Community Builder Award
Established by Council policy in 2011, the purpose of the Mayor's Community Builder Award is to honour and recognize an outstanding individual who has provided long term initiative and leadership in the development of our community.
Criteria for selection will include but is not limited to:
- specific service, deeds and activities that have made our community a better place to live;
- outstanding contributions in a particular field or endeavor;
- selfless volunteerism; and
- can include posthumous nominees.
Persons conferred with the honour of the Mayor's Community Builder Award will have a commemorative plaque placed in the garden area surrounding the Beacon Park Pavilion. The plaque will be dedicated at a recognition ceremony and will include:
- the recipient's name;
- a brief explanation of the reason they are receiving the award;
- the name of the Mayor presenting the award; and
- the date of the unveiling.
View Larger Map