Economic Advisory Committee
The purpose of the Economic Advisory Committee is to support the Town of Sidney in matters relating to Sidney's economy.
The mandate of the Committee is to:
- Provide a forum for potential collaboration and information sharing among the different business sectors and organizations;
- Review and provide feedback on matters at the request of Council;
- Identify for Council’s consideration, specific objectives and initiatives to support economic aspects of Sidney’s Strategic Plan, and;
- Make annual recommendations to Council for specific projects that should be undertaken by the Town or in partnership with others.
EAC meetings take place once a month on a Friday. Meetings are held in the Arbutus Room at Sidney Town Hall from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm.
Meetings - Agendas & Minutes - 2019
- Next Meeting: Friday, November 22, 2019
- Natalie King (representing the Sidney Business Improvement Area Society)
- Denny Warner (representing the Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce)
- Rod Hunchak (representing the Victoria Airport Authority)
- Alyssa Gerwing (representing the Sidney Event Advisory Group)
- Frank Austin
- Jennifer Michell
- Barbara Cina
- Deanna Mathewson
- Stasia Hartley
- Annilee Armstrong
- Doug Walker
- David Calveley
- Council Liaison: Councillor Chad Rintoul