Economic Development Commission
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) was created to support the Town of Sidney in accomplishing its goal of establishing a resilient economy in partnership with the community and key stakeholders.
The mandate of this select committee is to enhance the environment for economic development in Sidney through Council approved initiatives that will facilitate business development and attraction, create synergies among partners, and enable our community to grow and thrive.
The Sidney EDC will promote economic growth by supporting the business community, as well as the Town’s efforts to attract new people, companies and investment. We facilitate this by building strong relationships and collaboration with the business community, while identifying opportunities that will improve and grow business activity in all of Sidney. The EDC's primary objectives are to:
- Develop and implement a sustainable economic development strategy that will identify opportunities and specific initiatives to enhance economic growth in the Town of Sidney
- Enhance economic development opportunities through development and promotion of Business Retention & Expansion (BR & E) initiatives
- Assist in the promotion of revitalization efforts in downtown Sidney
- Help foster an attractive investment environment for the commercial sector
- Assist in the promotion of a positive image for Sidney and area to attract businesses, investment, residents and visitors
|Councillor Erin Bremner-Mitchell
|Denny Warner (Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce)
|Donna Petrie (Sidney Business Improvement Area Society)
|Robin Richardson (Sidney/North Saanich Industrial Group)
|Related Links||Contact Info|