Green Business Programs
Greening your business is often a smart way to reduce costs as well as create a more environmentally sustainable operation that benefits not only the community, but your bottom line as well. Here are some programs to help you make your business more sustainable:
Free Business Energy Assessments:
The Town of Sidney is pleased to partner with City Green Solutions to offer free Energy Assessments to Sidney’s small businesses. This free service is available through the Province of BC’s LiveSmart BC: Small Business Program which assists business owners in saving money by reducing their energy consumption with energy-efficiency advice, equipment and incentives. The Town of Sidney is pleased to support this initiative and is committed to encouraging the reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the community as part of our Climate Action Plan.
Take advantage of this offer and book a Free Business Energy Assessment with City Green Solutions
- Access financial incentives for lighting, water and space heating and kitchen equipment
- Learn about the low and no cost options to save money on energy bills
- Receive a LiveSmart BC recognition package to promote your energy saving achievements
Contact City Green today for more information or to confirm your eligibility for a free assessment.
City Green Business Energy Advisory
This program is available to you through a partnership between the Capital Regional District, City Green Solutions and the Province of BC.
Solar CRD: Reduce your energy bills
The Solar CRD program is offering first-come first-serve incentives to businesses and homeowners that want to switch to solar hot water systems. Residential or commercial properties that have a high volume of hot water use would see a faster payback and higher return on investment from this program. Multi-unit residential properties, motels, hotels, restaurants and laundromats are some examples that could be a good fit for solar thermal. Single-family residential properties can also apply.
Incentives offer up to 33% of the total costs to help pay for the purchase and installation of solar hot water system or the maximum incentive which ranges from $2,250 to $4,750 depending on the size of the system. Funding is provided by the Government of Canada. The deadline for the program is March 31, 2015.
The Solar CRD program is expanding to offer greater incentives for large commercial and residential systems. Your business can qualify if you use 19GJ a year or more. The maximum incentive for large systems has increased from $4,750 to $24,750. An updated Solar CRD incentive chart is available. Incentives for smaller systems remain the same.
Approximately 55% of the incentives remain. Each successful install increases energy resiliency and reduces regional greenhouse gas emissions.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Eight electric vehicle charging stations are now available in public parking lots in the Town of Sidney. Find these and other available charging stations here.
- New Construction Program - Incentives and resources for desigining and building energy efficient buildings.
- Power Smart Partner Program - If you spend more than $250,000 each year on electricity, this program is for you.
FortisBC offers rebates and incentives on high-efficiency natural gas equipment and conservation education to help commercial customers save energy and money. Programs are available for small, medium and large-sized commercial FortisBC customers.
- Efficient Boiler Program – up to $60,000 rebate on eligible high efficiency model
- Efficient Commercial Water Heater Program – Up to $15,000 on qualifying water heaters
- Energy Assessment Program – Free assessment for qualifying businesses
- Efficiency à la Carte - Foodservice Incentive Program – up to $3,500 per appliance when installing high-efficiency cooking equipment