Urban Forest Strategy
In early 2018, Sidney completed a Parks Master Plan. One of the objectives identified was the creation of an Urban Forest Strategy (UFS). Development of the UFS is now underway.
What will be in the UFS?
The UFS is intended to provide guidance for how Sidney's urban treescape is managed. Specifically, it will include the following:
- Applies to all trees – in natural settings as well as downtown street trees
- Incorporate existing best practices
- Address existing % tree cover and characteristics
- Review areas for expanded tree canopy coverage
- Review current OCP policies and Tree Bylaw
- Review ESA/DP guidelines & boundaries
- Boulevard planting guidelines
- Recommend boulevard tree policies
How can the public get involved?
- Open House in January 2019
- Public Open House: October 4, 2018
- Online Survey from October 5 - November 2, 2018
Completion of the UFS is expected in Spring of 2019.