Urban Forest Strategy
The Draft Urban Forest Strategy has been prepared and is ready for public feedback. In early 2018, Sidney completed a Parks Master Plan. One of the objectives identified was the creation of an Urban Forest Strategy (UFS). You can provide your feedback on the Draft Urban Forest Strategy here:
Review key elements of the Draft Urban
Forest Strategy and provide your feedback
What is in the UFS?
The UFS is intended to provide guidance for how Sidney's urban treescape is managed. Specifically, it includes the following:
- Applies to all trees – in natural settings as well as downtown street trees
- Incorporate existing best practices
- Address existing % tree cover and characteristics
- Review areas for expanded tree canopy coverage
- Review current OCP policies and Tree Bylaw
- Review ESA/DP guidelines & boundaries
- Boulevard planting guidelines
- Recommend boulevard tree policies
How can the public get involved?
Provide feedback on the draft plan.
- Public Open House to review key aspects of the draft plan: February 6, 2019
- Public Open House: October 4, 2018
- Online Survey from October 5 - November 2, 2018
Completion of the UFS is expected in Spring of 2019.