Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting impact on local businesses, Sidney Council has waived the Business Licence Fees for existing and new businesses for both the 2021 and 2022 calendar years.
2022 Business Licence Renewals
- To renew your business licence for 2022 with no changes, please fill out the 2022 Business Licence Renewal Form
- To renew your business licence for 2022 with updated information (e.g. change of address, business details, or emergency contact information), please fill out the 2022 Business Licence Renewal & Change of Information Form
New Business Licence Applications
Welcome to Sidney!
Obtaining a Business Licence is generally a quick and easy process. The timing depends on the complexity of your application. This page provides all the information you need on obtaining a Business Licence in Sidney.
The Town's Business Licence Bylaw requires that all businesses operating within the Town hold a valid Business Licence, either from the Town of Sidney, an Intermunicipal Business Licence issued from another municipality in Greater Victoria, or an Intercommunity Business Licence issued by a participating municipality on Southern Vancouver Island.
New businesses setting up their first licence with the Town can follow the process outlined below.
Documents generally required to obtain a new business licence:
- Completed and submitted Business Licence Application Form
- Completed Inspections
- Licence fee paid - waived for 2021 and 2022 calendar years
- Island Health approval, if required
- Floor Plans, if required
- Additional information, if required
A list of contacts commonly requested by business licence applicants can be found below.
The completed Business Licence Application Form can be dropped off in person, emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 250-655-4508, or mailed to the Town's Development Services Department at 2440 Sidney Ave, Sidney, BC, V8L 1Y7. Alternatively, you may wish to use the One Stop Business Registry. Once you complete the registration process through One Stop, a completed Business Licence application will be e-mailed to the Town. Once received, staff will contact you to finalize your Business Licence application details.
Business Continuity Planning
Is your business prepared to continue in the event of an emergency or disaster? Business continuity planning is essential for the survival of a business following a disaster. Visit our Business Continuity Planning page to learn more and to access our Business Continuity Planning Template.