Town of Sidney Council is considering an amendment to the Zoning Bylaw which would allow for the licensed retail sale and manufacturing of recreational cannabis products within the community.
The proposed bylaw WOULD:
- Allow for licensed cannabis retail stores in parts of Sidney's downtown area (see Proposed Cannabis Areas Map).
- Allow for the manufacturing to cannabis products in Sidney Business Park (see Proposed Cannabis Areas Map).
- Allow residents to grow up to four (4) cannabis plants at home for personal use, subject to provincial requirements.
The proposed bylaw WOULD NOT:
- Allow a cannabis retail store to open unless they have prior approval from Council and public consultation on their specific retail licence application.
- Change any regulations related to access to medicinal cannabis.
Mayor and Council would like to hear what you think.
A Public Hearing on the proposed bylaw is scheduled for Monday, August 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm at Sidney Town Hall in Council Chambers. Written submissions can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to the Town Hall (2440 Sidney Ave, Sidney, BC, V8L 1Y7) by 4:00 pm on August 12, 2019, or brought to the Public Hearing itself. If you have any questions, please contact the Development Services department by phone at 250-656-1725 or by email.
For additional background information on the Town's Cannabis Regulation process, please visit www.sidney.ca/cannabis.