Effective Friday, July 3, 2020, in-person property tax payments at Sidney Town Hall will be by appointment only. Please contact us at 250-656-1184 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make an appointment, or consider one of the other property tax payment options listed below.
Access to Sidney Town Hall is restricted to comply with physical distancing requirements established by the Provincial Health Officer. Municipal business is being conducted by phone, email, online through our website, and by appointment.
We encourage you to use one of the following methods for paying your taxes and applying for the Home Owner Grant:
- Use online or telephone banking through your financial institution for tax payments.
- Apply for the Home Owner Grant online through our online home owner grant application system.
- Drop off a cheque and/or completed Home Owner Grant form in the drop box at Town Hall (available 24/7).
- Send a cheque and/or completed Home Owner Grant form in the mail (2440 Sidney Avenue, Sidney, BC, V8L 1Y7).
- Contact us for an appointment if you require in-person assistance.
If you have questions or require assistance, please call us at 250-656-1184 or email email@example.com.
We've made the 2020 tax season longer than usual, to ensure everyone has time to adjust to all the temporary measures. While the due date was July 2, 2020 as usual, you have until July 31, 2020 to pay your residential property taxes and claim your Home Owner Grant without penalty. The deadline for commercial properties is September 30, 2020.
For additional information, please review the 2020 Tax Notice Brochure and visit our Property Tax Payment Options page and our Home Owner Grants page.