A potential Canada Post service disruption could occur as early as October 22, 2018. The Town would like to remind residents that in the event mail service is disrupted, residents continue to be responsible for paying utility bills, parking tickets, and other charges to the Town by the due date. Please review the information below to find the options available to help residents get their billing information and keep accounts up-to-date.
How do I find out my utility account balance?
- Register for MySidney – Through this online service, you can find your account balance, view a copy of your bill, and sign up for ebilling.
- Call Us – We can tell you the account balance and email you a copy of the utility bill.
- Visit Us At Town Hall – We can provide you a copy of the utility bill.
How do I pay my utility bill?
- Online With Credit Card – Pay online using your Visa or MasterCard. You will need your utility account number and access code, which can be found on any copy of your utility bill or give us a call to obtain the information.
- Online Banking – Use your bank’s online bill payment service. If you have not paid us using this method before, you will have to add the Town of Sidney as a new payee. Helpful Tip – Try searching for us as just “Sidney”, then select the appropriate payee for utility bills. Your account number can be found on any copy of your utility bill or give us a call to obtain the information.
- Pre-Authorized Withdrawal Plan – You can arrange to have your utility account balance automatically withdrawn from your bank account on each due date. To sign up for this service, complete the authorization form.
- At Bank – Utility bills are payable in person at most financial institutions.
- At Town Hall – 2440 Sidney Ave, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday. We accept Visa, MasterCard, debit, cheque and cash. There is also a drop-box, for cheque payments, located at the main entrance to Town Hall; please do not deposit cash in the drop-box.
How do I pay a parking ticket?
- Online – Pay with a credit card online through the EasyPark website. You will need your violation number and licence plate.
- At Town Hall – Pay with cash or debit at 2440 Sidney Ave, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
How do I receive payments from the Town?
Vendors can sign up to receive payment via electronic funds transfer. To request a sign up form, please call us at 250-656-1184 or email email@example.com. A detailed notice will be sent to the vendor with payment information by email and will be directly deposited into the proper bank account.