The Town of Sidney offers a local Driver Services branch, located at 9884 Third Street, in the Court House building behind the Town Hall and Beacon Community Services.
As of June 8, 2020, Town of Sidney Driver Services has reopened to the public with new physical distancing measures in place.
Regular Business Hours: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (excluding Statutory Holidays)
Driver Services' staff are able to conduct the below ICBC Autoplan transactions over the phone. Call Town of Sidney Driver Services at 250-656-0614 to access these services.
- Policy changes
- Storage policies
- Temporary operating permits
- Driver's License renewals and duplicates
**Please note: we do NOT offer the Enhanced Drivers License**
- New BC Driver's License issuance for out of province/country applicants
- Cancellations, Prohibitions, Reinstatement's
- Knowledge testing for Passenger/Commercial Vehicle and Motorcycle Learners Licenses - Cut off for testing is one hour before closing.
- Road tests for seniors (once per month) – this is the only road testing we offer
- B.C. Identification cards
- B.C. Services Cards – new and renewal
- Change of address
- Traffic Fines processing - payments or disputes
- Driver/Rider/Commercial/Recreational Trailer towing manuals available
- Free "L" and "N" signs for the new driver
ICBC Autoplan Broker:
- Renewing Insurance / Plates
- Change of Address
- Special coverage
- Debt collection
- Personalized, Veterans & Collector Plates
Other Service Locations:
There are 2 other Driver Licencing offices in the area:
- 1150 McKenzie Avenue
- 955 Wharf Street
There are several private ICBC Autoplan brokers in Sidney. Please see telephone directory.