The Town of Sidney offers a local Driver Services branch, located at 9884 Third Street, in the Court House building behind the Town Hall and Beacon Community Services.
Regular Business Hours
Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (excluding Statutory Holidays)
Services Currently Available on a Walk-In, First-Come First-Served Basis:
- Driver licensing transactions
- Ticket payments
- B.C. Identification Card/B.C. Services Card transactions
- Autoplan transactions
- Vehicle transfers
Please note: at this time, we are unable to conduct out of province vehicle transfers.
ICBC Transactions Currently Available by Email
Driver Services' staff are able to conduct the ICBC Autoplan transactions listed below by email (as well as in person). Emails can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call: 250-656-0614.
- Policy changes
- Storage policies
- Temporary operating permits
- Driver's License renewals and duplicates
**Please note: we do NOT offer the Enhanced Driver's License**
- New BC Driver's License issuance for out of province/country applicants
- Cancellations, Prohibitions, Reinstatements
- Knowledge testing for Passenger/Commercial Vehicle and Motorcycle Learners Licenses - Cut off for testing is one hour before closing.
- Road tests for seniors (once per month) – this is the only road testing we offer
- B.C. Identification cards
- B.C. Services Cards – new and renewal
- Change of address
- Traffic Fines processing - payments or disputes
- Driver/Rider/Commercial/Recreational Trailer towing manuals available
- Free "L" and "N" signs for the new driver
ICBC Autoplan Broker
- Renewing Insurance / Plates
- Change of Address
- Special coverage
- Debt collection
- Personalized, Veterans & Collector Plates
Other Service Locations:
There are 2 other Driver Licensing offices in the region:
- 1150 McKenzie Avenue
- 955 Wharf Street
There are several private ICBC Autoplan brokers in Sidney. Please see telephone directory.