Below you will find information on the fees related to Refuse (Garbage, Recycling, Kitchen Scraps, and Yard Waste) collection services. For information about the services themselves, please visit our Garbage & Recycling page.
REFUSE COLLECTION RATES
Refuse operating costs are paid 100% through User Charges. Utility bills with water, sewer and refuse charges are produced and mailed out quarterly.
- Full Service is the weekly, curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics, and the monthly collection of yard waste.
- Basic Service is the weekly, curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics only, with no yard waste collection.
- Commercial Service is the weekly curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics, using higher volume containers, with no yard waste collection.
- Single and Two family dwelling units must use the Town’s refuse collection service and will receive Full Service.
- Multiple dwelling units may use the Town’s refuse collection service and may select either Full Service or Basic Service.
- Commercial units may use the Town’s refuse collection service and will receive Commercial Service.
EXTRA VOLUME STICKERS Stickers may be purchased by the owner or occupant of a service address, allowing the disposal of an excess volume of garbage or yard waste. Extra garbage stickers are only available to customers receiving regular weekly pickup and extra yard waste stickers are only available to customers receiving Full Service.
|Garbage Stickers||$4.00 per extra bag/can|
|Yard Waste Stickers||$3.50 per extra bag|
Stickers can be purchased at Thirfty Foods (Mariner Mall – 7th Street).
While recycling services are offered in the Town of Sidney, these services are provided on a regional basis, through the CRD. The cost of this service is not billed directly by the Town. It is included in the Regional District taxes on your property tax bill.