Curbside recycling service within the Town of Sidney is provided by the Capital Regional District, through the CRD run Blue Box Recycling Program. For general recycling queries, you can reach the CRD Recycling Hotline at 250-360-3030.
Recycling collection takes place biweekly; the current schedule is every other Monday. Items must be placed at the curbside by 7 am. To avoid recycling box contamination and to see what is and isn't accepted in your blue box, follow the CRD's prep sheet for curbside recycling.
For additional information, queries, or complaints, please contact the CRD’s contractor, Emterra Environmental at 250-385-4399, visit their website, or visit their office at 304 John Street in Victoria. For general recycling queries, the CRD Recycling Hotline can be reached at 250-360-3030.
Replacement Blue Boxes and Bags
If you are a Sidney resident in need of a replacement blue box or bag, you may obtain such items from the CRD’s contractor, Emterra Environmental at 304 John St in Victoria. You can contact them at 250-385-4399 for more information. The Town of Sidney has agreed to carry a small supply of blue boxes and bags at the Town Hall as a courtesy to our Sidney residents only. You will be required to provide your address upon pick up.
As the curbside Blue Box Recycling Program is operated on a regional basis by the CRD, the cost of this service is not billed directly by the Town. Rather, curbside recycling costs are included in the Regional District taxes on your property tax bill. For more information about refuse collection charges, please visit the Town's Refuse Collection Rates page.
Additional Recycling Options
There are several other recycling operators that service the region. Please look through the links below to see if the following options may suit your recycling needs.
- MyRecyclopedia - A searchable database of recyclable items and recycling facilities in the CRD
- Island Return It - Offers recycling services, located at 5-10025 Galaran Road in Sidney
- Pacific Mobile Depots - Multiple locations on the Saanich Peninsula, as well as residential pick-up
- Hartland Landfill - Accepts recyclables, household hazardous waste, and garbage at its public drop-off area
- Electronic Recycling Association - A non-profit that recycles and refurbishes electronics
Do you have clothing or household items to recycle that could be reused by someone else? The links below are provided to assist residents who have clothing or household items they wish to recycle or donate.
- MyRecyclopedia - A searchable database of charitable organizations and facilities in the CRD that accept reusable items
- The Freecycle Network - View and post reusable items online, membership is free