Arts & Culture
Whether it's browsing through one of our many art galleries, exploring a historical museum, enjoying a night at the theatre, or taking in an outdoor concert in Beacon Park, Sidney offers an abundance of arts and cultural attractions.
Murals, Statues & Sculptures Around Town
Our main street, Beacon Avenue, and our waterfront are home to stunning murals, life-like bronzed statues, and captivating sculptures.
- Public Art & Sculpture Interactive Map
- Self-Guided Sculpture, Art, and Historical Walking Tour Map
- Bench People Statues
- Utility Box Beautification Project
Arts & Culture Facilities & Galleries
The Town of Sidney is fortunate to have remarkable spaces throughout town to showcase amazing artists and provide memorable cultural experiences.
- Mary Winsepar Centre
- Sidney Museum and Archives
- Vancouver Island Regional Library - Sidney Branch
- Star Cinema
- Beacon Pavilion
- Myfanwy Pavelic Gallery (Located in the Mary Winspear Centre)
- ArtSea Gallery at Tulista Park
- Listing of Art Galleries in Sidney
Sidney has wonderful events throughout the year that showcase our talented local artists. For more annual events in the Town of Sidney, visit our Featured Events page.
- Sidney Fine Art Show
- ArtSea Studio Tours
- Salish Sea Lantern Festival
- Summer Sounds Concert Series
- Sidney Street Market
- Vancouver Island Comic Con
The following organizations work to promote and develop arts and culture in our community.
- ArtSea Community Arts Council
- Mary Winspear Centre
- Sidney Museum & Archives
- Sidney Sister Cities Association
- Peninsula Celebrations Society
- Sidney Events Advisory Group (SEAG)
- Mountain Dream Productions Performing Arts Education