Public Bench Dedication
If you are interested in sponsoring a dedicated public bench in memory of a loved one, benches are available at many different locations in Sidney.
Sidney currently has an inventory of 250 public benches, 150 of which have already been dedicated.
Here is how the program works:
- Sponsor applies to the Town by filling out the Dedicated Public Bench application form.
- Sponsor specifies the message to be inscribed on a plaque.
- Sponsor selects available location (a list of available locations can be found at Town Hall).
- Cost of sponsorship is $3,000 for a 10-year term (donors receive a $3,000 tax receipt).
- Town will install the bench and maintain it for 10 years.
- At the expiry of the term, the sponsor has the option of recovering the plaque from the Town Works Yard.
If you are interested in becoming a bench sponsor, please fill out the Public Bench Application Form. For more information, please refer to the Town's Public Bench Dedication Policy or contact staff at the Town's Engineering department.