Sidney offers a wide range of recreation and fitness activities and facilities, no matter what your age or fitness level.
- Greenglade Community Centre provides a wide variety of recreational opportunities and facilities including a weight and fitness room, a mind and body studio, activity rooms, a gymnasium, a dance studio, a teen lounge, and a pottery studio.
- Panorama Recreation Centre offers a huge variety of both recreational and general interest programs. Facilities include a six-lane, 25 metre swimming pool, multi-use leisure pool (featuring a zero-depth entry, a lazy river, a tots’ area, two additional lanes, spray toys and benches with hot tub jets), sauna and steam room, swirl pool, and Southern Vancouver Island’s biggest accessible waterslide. Panorama also offers two ice surfaces, a weight room with cardio and strength equipment, an aerobics/fitness studio, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and racquetball and squash courts.
- McTavish Academy of Art offers a variety of multi-media art classes and workshops, yoga classes 7 days a week for all skill levels, a wide range of dance classes, and more.
- The SHOAL Centre (Sidney's Seniors' Activity Centre) offers a number of exercise classes, yoga, bridge and other social games and crafts including lapidary, carving, clay works, weaving, knitting, woodwork, and wellness workshops.
The following links provide more information about recreation opportunities on the Peninsula.
- Town Parks
- Greenglade Community Centre
- Panorama Recreation Centre
- SHOAL Centre
- McTavish Academy of Art