Cycling in Sidney
Sidney has a number of attractions for cyclists:
- Designated bike routes
- Bicycle-friendly local businesses
- Linked to Lochside Regional bike route
- Linked to Victoria International Airport and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- Proximity to bicycle-friendly McDonald Campground
- Proximity to Gulf Islands.
The Lochside Trail is a regional trail system that runs through Sidney and connects the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal to the core of Greater Victoria.
The Flight Path is a significant local bike and fitness trail which circumnavigates Victoria International Airport and is linked to the Sidney bike route network.
For those looking for a longer ride, the Sidney to Sooke Circle Route showcases the best trail network on southern Vancouver Island.