Virtual Town Hall Series
At the August 5, 2020 Special Council Meeting, Sidney Council passed a motion to organize a series of virtual Town Halls that will focus on recovery initiatives during COVID-19. Participants at each of the virtual Town Halls will include a mix of Council members, Town staff, and members of community organizations.
Community Well-Being During COVID-19 Recovery
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
6:00 - 7:30 pm via Zoom
Watch the recording of the virtual Town Hall:
Join Mayor Cliff McNeil-Smith for the second in the series of virtual Town Halls.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has put an emotional and mental strain on everyone. Community and personal well-being are more important than ever.
The Community Well-Being Virtual Town Hall provided information and offered an opportunity to ask about:
- What's going on in the community during the fall & winter
- How to enjoy events while staying safe
- Staying healthy during cold & flu season
- Community policing
- and more!
Guest speakers included:
- Shawna Walker, Executive Director, Shoreline Medical Society
- Const. Paul Mittelsteadt, Community Policing / School Liaison, Sidney/North Saanich RCMP
- Jennifer Van Es, Rentals & Catering Coordinator, SHOAL Centre
- Morgan Shaw, Executive Director, Sidney Business Improvement Area Society
Past Virtual Town Hall Themes
Parks, Trails & Recreation
Monday, August 31, 2020