Ways the Public Can Help
How Can you Help?
- Practice social distancing – If you are sick, stay home. If you are able to stay home, please stay home as much as possible. If you are out in public, keep a distance of 2 meters (6’) from other people. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Do not flush wipes or paper towels. Even if they say they are flushable, wipes and paper towels do not break down like toilet paper, and they form blockages in the pumps that keep our sewer system running.
- The Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank is in urgent need of donations. If you are able, please consider donating online at www.splfoodbank.com/donate or by phone 250-655-0679.
- Beacon Community Services is working to provide information and assistance to seniors and other vulnerable local residents by phone at 250-656-5537. If you know of any vulnerable members of our community looking for information or assistance, please pass this contact information along. If you are looking to volunteer during this time, please consider contacting Beacon Community Services regarding volunteering opportunities.
- Donate blood - visit www.blood.ca for more information.
- Volunteer with bc211 to support seniors in our community. People who would like to volunteer to help seniors in our community with basic needs, including grocery shopping and pharmacy drop-offs and check-ins can register online at www.bc211.ca or by calling 2-1-1.
If you have any other suggestions for us to post, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Emergency Operations Centre information phone line at 250-655-6900 (answered Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, voicemails returned as soon as possible).
Town of Sidney Emergency Operations Centre