Emergency Planning Committee
Local governments are required by the Emergency Program Act to establish and maintain an emergency management organization to develop and implement emergency plans and other preparedness, response and recovery measures for emergencies and disasters for the whole of the municipality.
The Emergency Planning Committee is responsible for preparing, reviewing and maintaining all elements of the emergency program. The Committee focuses on projects such as community risk assessment, business continuity, emergency exercises and recovery planning. The Fire Chief is the Town’s Emergency Program Coordinator.
Meetings are held quarterly at 10:00am on the 3rd Wednesday in the Arbutus Room at Sidney Town Hall.
Agendas & Minutes - 2023
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Member of Council (Councillor T. O'Keeffe)
- Emergency Program Coordinator/Fire Chief
- Deputy Fire Chief
- S/Sgt. Sidney/North Saanich RCMP
- Director of Engineering
- Director of Corporate Services
- Senior Manager of Long Range Planning
- Manager of Information Services
- Corporate Officer