Emergency Planning Committee
Local governments are required by the Emergency Program Act to establish and maintain an emergency management organization to develop and implement emergency plans and other preparedness, response and recovery measures for emergencies and disasters for the whole of the municipality.
The Emergency Planning Committee, established under the Town’s Emergency Program Bylaw No. 1936, is responsible for preparing, reviewing and maintaining all elements of the emergency program. The Committee focuses on projects such as community risk assessment, business continuity, emergency exercises and recovery planning. The Fire Chief is the Town’s Emergency Program Coordinator.
Meetings will be held quarterly on the 3rd Wednesday at the Community Safety Building (2245 Oakville Avenue) at 10:00 am.
Agendas & Minutes - 2022
|March 16|| Cancelled
|June 15|| Agenda
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Member of Council (Councillor T. O'Keeffe)
- Emergency Program Coordinator/Fire Chief
- Deputy Fire Chief
- S/Sgt. Sidney/North Saanich RCMP
- Director of Engineering
- Director of Corporate Services
- Senior Manager of Long Range Planning
- Manager of Information Services
- Corporate Officer