Saanich Peninsula Accessibility Advisory Committee
The Saanich Peninsula Accessibility Advisory Committee (SPAAC) is a joint tri-municipal committee established by the District of Central Saanich, the District of North Saanich, and the Town of Sidney.
The purpose of the Committee is to provide comment and recommendations to Saanich Peninsula local governments on policies, programs, services, built environments, infrastructure and outdoor spaces in order continue to improve the livability, inclusivity and accessibility for persons with disabilities, who live, work and play on the Saanich Peninsula.
The Accessible BC Act is a provincial law that establishes a framework for government and organizations to work with people with disabilities and the broader community to identify, remove and prevent barriers to the full and equal participation of people with disabilities in BC. The Province is expected to establish new regulations in a range of areas such as employment, the delivery of services and the built environment that governments and organizations must follow.
The Committee will meet bi-monthly, or at the call of the Chair.
Agendas & Minutes - 2022
- Councillor G. Newton (District of Central Saanich)
- Councillor H. Gartshore (District of North Saanich)
- Councillor T. O'Keeffe (Town of Sidney)
- up to 4 members from local First Nations communities - TBA
(Pauquachin, Tsartlip, Tsawout and Tseycum)
- Lorraine Brewster - Panorama Recreation Centre
- Jennifer Van Es - BCS - The SHOAL Centre
- David Willows (citizen - Central Saanich)
- Charlene Froome (citizen - North Saanich)
- Vanessa Pettinger (citizen - Sidney)
- David Ryder (citizen - Sidney)
- Dale Simon (citizen - Sidney)
- Lee York (citizen - Sidney)