> Home Page > Town Hall > Departments > Development Services > Building Permits & Inspections > Construction Public Safety

Construction Public Safety

In addition to obeying health and safety regulations as per the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, the following public safety plans and documents must be submitted with a Demolition, Moving and Building Permit application:

1.  Construction Management Plan

The Town of Sidney requires a construction management plan, be submitted with a Building Permit Application when the proposed work: a) impacts the statutory right of way, and/or; b) results in a public safety concern as assessed by a Building Official. A Construction Management Plan must abide by and reference Part 8 of the 2018 BC Building Code, as well as the Town of Sidney’s Construction Safety Requirements and Construction Fencing and Hoarding Standards.

Please refer to the following Applicant Checklists to understand what documents must be submitted as part of your initial demolition and building application.

For more information, please contact the Town's Development Services Department at 250-656-1725 or developmentservices@sidney.ca.


2.  Fire Safety Plan (FSP)

For more information, please contact the Town of Sidney Fire Department at 250-656-2121 or firedept@sidney.ca.


3.  Permit to Work in Municipal Road Allowance or Right of Way

A Right of Way permit is required when proposing to use, occupy, disturb, excavate, block, obstruct or place any construction or other material on or in the municipal road allowance, including sidewalks, roads and lanes and on-street parking spaces, regardless of the length of the obstruction or use.

For more information, please contact the Town's Engineering Department at 250-656-4502 or engineeringservices@sidney.ca.