Building Permits & Inspections
The Town’s Building Officials are responsible for reviewing and approving plans for the issuance of Building and Plumbing Permits. Once a permit is issued, staff will perform pre-determined inspections as outlined in the Building Regulations Bylaw, to ensure compliance with the BC Building Code and with Sidney's Zoning Bylaw.
Building Officials work with the development community and the public to ensure code compliance for all development within the Town of Sidney. Building Officials also provide technical support to Planning staff and the Engineering Department.
Town staff are committed to ensuring that the permitting process is streamlined and permits are issued timely.
- A Homeowner's Guide to Building Permits
- Guide to Building Permits for Multi-Family, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Construction
- Guide to Accessory Buildings
- Guide to Residential Deck Construction
- Guide to Fences
- Commonly Requested Fees
- Secondary Suite Information
- Residential Permit Application
- Multi-Family, Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Building and Plumbing Permit Renewal Application
- Solid Fuel Appliance Application and Installers Declaration
- Owners Authorization Form
- Appointment of Agent
- When is a Building Permit required?
- When is a Plumbing Permit required?
- What are the requirements for a secondary suite?