Community Planning combines the functions of current planning and long-range policy planning to bring a comprehensive approach to addressing issues of community growth and sustainability.
- Review and make recommendations to Council regarding Development Permit, Development Variance, Zoning Amendment, and Official Community Plan Amendment applications
- Provide professional advice and information to help ensure that land use and development in the Town is in keeping with approved bylaws and policies
- Undertake planning studies and long-range planning initiatives
- Work collaboratively with community groups, businesses, government agencies, and other stakeholder groups to further the Town's planning initiatives
For more information about the key elements and processes of community planning in the Town of Sidney, please review the Town's Guide to Community Planning.
- Guide to Development Permits
- Guide to Development Variance Permits
- Guide to Zoning Amendments
- Guide to Official Community Plan Amendments
- Guide to Fences
- Guide to Temporary Commercial and/or Industrial Permits
- Guide to Subdivision Applications
- Secondary Suite Information
- Land Development Fees
- Development Permit, Development Variance, OCP Amendment, and Zoning Amendment Application
- Subdivision Application
- Board of Variance Application
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Form
- Information regarding active development applications and recently approved applications can be found on our Active Development Applications webpage.
- Property owners (and their authorized agents/realtors) looking for information about their own property can complete a General Request for Property Information form.