> Home Page > Town Hall > Departments > Fire Department > Prevention & Education > Safety Tips > Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide

If you suspect Carbon Monoxide (CO) in your home...dial 911.

Carbon Monoxide is a poisonous gas that you can't hear, see, smell, or taste. For these reasons it is important to recognize the symptoms of CO poisoning and know what to do if your CO alarm goes off.

Symptoms of CO poisoning:

  • headaches
  • nausea
  • dizziness
  • burning eyes
  • confusion
  • drowsiness
  • loss of consciousness