The Works Division is responsible for streets and traffic operations and maintenance in the Town of Sidney.
Services provided by the department includes:
- Road pavement maintenance
- pot hole patching
- major asphalt patching
- road rehabilitation/resurfacing
- crack sealing
- Road shoulder maintenance
- Curb repairs
- Spill response and emergency cleanup
- Road side maintenance: guardrail painting; installation and replacement
- Sidewalk and pathway repairs and maintenance
- Vegetation control for sightlines
- Traffic markings: crosswalks; lane markings; centerlines; raised pavement markers (reflectors)
- Traffic sign installation and maintenance
- Traffic signal installation and maintenance
- Streetlight repair and maintenance
- Traffic control for special community events: e.g. Sidney Days
- Wharves, boat ramps, docks & piers
- Snow removal
The Town of Sidney is responsible for street lights that are on metal poles, BC Hydro is responsible for street lights on Hydro and Telephone poles (wooden poles).
Please report all street light issues to the Town of Sidney Engineering Department at 250-656-4502.
In the Event of an Emergency
In the event of a problem involving water, sewer, drainage, and roads call 250-656-1034 during regular business hours 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday or call the Public Works 24-hour emergency line at 250-656-1184 after hours.