It is important for candidates to be familiar with the regulations respecting elections signs in order to avoid any bylaw infractions or election offences under the Local Government Act.
- Town of Sidney Sign Bylaw No. 2058
- election signs are not to be posted on public property.
- election signs (maximum 4 x 4 ft) may be posted on private property (upon approval of the property owner) after the candidate's nomination documents have been filed with the Chief Election Officer.
- signs must be removed by the end of the day on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
- Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure Policy
- election signs may be posted on provincial highway rights-of-way after September 9, 2022 (36 days prior to the election).
- signs must be removed by the end of the day on Monday, October 17, 2022.
Election Signs on Voting Days
Pursuant to section 163 of the Local Government Act, a person must not canvass or solicit votes or display or post election advertising within 100 metres of a building where voting proceedings are being conducted at the time. Accordingly, please see below for a map illustrating the 100 metre restriction on voting days.
- TOWN HALL - Advance Voting Days - Wednesday, October 5 & Wednesday, October 12, 2022
- MARY WINSPEAR CENTRE - General Voting Day - Saturday, October 15, 2022