March 1, 2023
Town of Sidney Council Meeting Highlights: February 27, 2023
Highlights from regular Council meetings provide a brief summary of some items of broad public interest. The summary is not inclusive of all agenda items. Please refer to www.www.sidney.ca for the full agenda, minutes, and webcast.
Council sets strategic priorities for 2023
Following a two-week public review period, Council has approved an update to the Town’s Strategic Plan. The plan identifies major projects to guide both financial planning and staff work plans.
In addition to the provision of core municipal services, the Town will be working toward new and longstanding goals.
Some projects include:
- Review of Sidney’s Zoning Bylaw to reflect the updated Official Community Plan
- Completion of a Downtown Parking Study, including a review of impacts of residential parking requirements
- Planning for adaptation to sea level rise and climate change
- Initiating a planning and engagement process for upgrades or replacements of the Town Precinct, which includes Town Hall, RCMP Detachment, and the Driver Services/Courthouse Building
- Completion of the Active Transportation Plan
Several additional priorities are also included in the plan, which is available on the Town’s website.
Mayor Cliff McNeil-Smith
Town of Sidney