Construction Management

In addition to obeying health and safety regulations as per the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, the following public safety plans and documents must be submitted with a Demolition, Moving, and Building Permit application.

The Town of Sidney requires a construction management plan be submitted with a Building Permit Application when the proposed work:

a) impacts the statutory right of way, and/or;
b) results in a public safety concern as assessed by a Building Official.

A Construction Management Plan must abide by and reference:

Please refer to the following Applicant Checklists to understand what documents must be submitted as part of your initial Demolition Permit and Building Permit applications.

For more information, please contact the Town’s Development Services Department by:

Phone: 250-656-1725

For more information, please contact the Town of Sidney Fire Department by:

Phone: 250-656-2121

A Right of Way permit is required when proposing to use, occupy, disturb, excavate, block, obstruct, or place any construction or other material on or in the municipal road allowance, including sidewalks, roads and lanes and on-street parking spaces, regardless of the length of the obstruction or use.

Apply for a Permit to Work in Municipal Road Allowance or Right of Way

For more information, please contact the Town’s Engineering Department by:

Phone: 250-656-4502