Refuse operating costs are paid 100% through User Charges. Utility bills with water, sewer and refuse charges are produced and mailed out quarterly.
Below you will find information on the fees related to Refuse (Garbage, Recycling, Kitchen Scraps, and Yard Waste) collection services. For information about the services themselves, please visit our Garbage & Recycling page.
Waste Collection Rates
($60 in 2024)
($41.25 in 2024)
($101.25 in 2024)
- Full Service is the weekly, curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics, and the monthly collection of yard waste.
- Basic Service is the weekly, curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics only, with no yard waste collection.
- Commercial Service is the weekly curbside collection of garbage and kitchen organics, using higher volume containers, with no yard waste collection.
- Single and Two family dwelling units must use the Town’s refuse collection service and will receive Full Service.
- Multiple dwelling units may use the Town’s refuse collection service and may select either Full Service or Basic Service.
- Commercial units may use the Town’s refuse collection service and will receive Commercial Service.
Dealing with Extra Refuse
Stickers may be purchased by the owner or occupant of a service address, allowing the disposal of an excess volume of garbage or yard waste. Extra garbage stickers are only available to customers receiving regular weekly pickup and extra yard waste stickers are only available to customers receiving Full Service. Stickers can be purchased at Sidney Town Hall or Thrifty Foods Sidney (Mariner Mall – 7th Street).
Extra Volume Stickers
$7.50 per extra bag/can
Yard Waste Stickers
$6.00 per extra bag/can
While recycling services are offered in the Town of Sidney, these services are provided on a regional basis, through the CRD. The cost of this service is not billed directly by the Town. It is included in the Regional District taxes on your property tax bill.
Utility Payment Options
You can also pay online using your bank’s online bill payment service. If you have not paid us using this method before, you will have to add the Town of Sidney as a new payee.
Helpful Tip – Try searching for us as just “Sidney”, then select the appropriate payee for utility bills. Your account number can be found on your utility bill.
Your utility account balance can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account on each due date. To sign-up for this service, modify your existing pre-authorized withdrawal information, or cancel your pre-authorized withdrawal payments, please visit our online service MySidney. If you do not have a MySidney profile, you can register for one on the MySidney Registration Page.
Cheques are accepted by mail. Please send to:
Town of Sidney
2440 Sidney Ave
Sidney BC V8L 1Y7
Utility bills are payable in person at most financial institutions.
Cheques can be deposited in the drop box located at the main entrance to Town Hall, available 24/7. Please do not deposit cash in the drop box.