Bylaw Enforcement

Sidney’s Bylaw Enforcement Officer investigates written complaints submitted to the Town. Common complaints relate to noise, unsightly premises, and parking.

In response to the current housing crisis, the Town is also proactively investigating whether short-term rentals in Sidney comply with current bylaws.

To initiate a complaint, please fill out the form below. You can speak to the Bylaw Enforcement Officer by calling 250-656-4502. However, please note that Bylaw infractions must be reported through the online reporting system.

Get more information about  Sidney’s Bylaws.

Animal Control

The Capital Regional District is responsible for investigating animal-related complaints. To initiate a complaint regarding animals, including dogs, please call CRD Animal Control at 250-478-0624 or contact their after-hours answering service at 1-833-931-3585.

Regional Bylaws

Certain bylaws that affect Sidney residents are regulated by the Capital Regional District, such as the Water Conservation Bylaw and the Clean Air Bylaw. To report a suspected infraction of a CRD bylaw, please call CRD Bylaw Enforcement at 250-478-0624.  Suspected infractions related to water conservation can also be emailed to


After Hours

Matters of an urgent nature outside of normal business office hours of Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. should be referred to the RCMP for investigation. Please contact the RCMP by calling their non-emergency line at 250-656-3931


Bylaw Complaint Form

Bylaw Complaint Form

MM slash DD slash YYYY
Max. file size: 25 MB.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.